Normandy ELC Philosophy & Mission
Welcome to the Normandy Early Learning Center
Normandy Early Childhood Program Philosophy
Because we believe that children learn best by doing, our programs emphasize hands-on, creative exploration that enhances all areas of development: social, emotional, intellectual and physical. Using developmentally appropriate practice guidelines, based on current child development knowledge, we are able to recognize and address the academic needs of each child.
- To provide a quality educational program that promotes the well-being of the child academically and socially in a safe, loving and supportive environment
- To support children as they grow and learn, by offering each child an opportunity to experience success and gain self-confidence
- To support families and their involvement through open communication, encouragement, and mutual respect
- To provide an environment where children develop an enthusiasm for learning, exploring and creating that leads to a positive attitude towards school and life-long learning
- To provide appropriate, engaging, meaningful, and challenging activities that foster development and school age readiness
- To employ Mindfulness and Conscious Discipline for behavior regulation
- To promote children’s socially appropriate behavior consistently using explanation, redirection, and instruction
- To provide opportunities for children to become independent, responsible, and self-controlled in a variety of individual, small and large group settings
- To establish an atmosphere of mutual respect for the environment, including equipment, materials and the property of others
- To support families in their role as the child’s first teacher
- To expose children to academic rigor in all areas
- All staff members will become proficient in knowledge and implementation of Missouri Early Learning Standards and Common Core Standards.
- All students will be provided with academic experiences that will prepare them for the next level and help develop the whole child – cognitively, symbolically and physically.
- All students will speak in complete sentences.
- Student attendance will reach and maintain an average of 90% or above.
The Normandy Early Learning Center is committed to be a collaborative environment filled with exploration, excitement, and engaging hands on learning with real world connections for all students.
Our vision is to create a supportive academic and social-emotional environment where children can develop into lifelong learners.
3 Es: Exploration, Excitement, Engagement
Main Office: 314-493-0880
PreSchool, PreK & Kindergarten
Start time: 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal: 4:10 p.m.